Sachse Historical Society Museum
Officially opened Saturday, September 2, 2006
Even before Sachse's museum was opened, the building itself was rich with history. The Museum Building sits on an historic site triangled by our still-growing pioneer cemetery, the former site of the Christian Church and the railroad that boosted Sachse's commerce.
It was built as Sachse's first police station, and the old jail is preserved in the museum building. The architecture of the building's current renovation --copper roof, porches, gingerbread, and all -- is modeled after the circa 1895 home of William Sachse. The octagonal shape so popular during the last half of the 19th century was, however, beyond us. The renovation honors the fourth son of William and Martha, Jasper Newton Sachse, who was familiarly known as "Newt." Born 1872, he marred Birdella Estes in 1892, and they had thirteen children.
When founders William and Martha Sachse built the house which our museum is designed to portray, their former home -- The Lone Elm Ranch -- was occupied by Jasper Newton and his family.
1948 Ahrens-Fox Fire Engine
Joe Stone, Karen Reed & Bobby Bownds
The Sachse Historical Society would appreciate donations to fund the maintenance of these assets.
Please consider becoming an active partner in sharing and making memories come alive here in Sachse.
Volunteer greeters are needed on Tuesdays 10AM to 1 PM.